About The Rowe House
Situated in the Yorkshire Dales village of Horton-in-Ribblesdale, originally built in the late eighteenth century for the daughter of a neighbouring farmer and later used as a shooting lodge before being converted to a B&B in 1970.
We have nurtured this quaint old property back to life, with care and consideration for the environment, using as much of the original features as possible, with renewable energy air source heat pumps installed for our heating and hope to have solar power to produce some electricity.
The Rowe House is a unique place to stay, with views of Pen y gent, offering our guests attention to detail and personal touches, which will ensure you relax and enjoy your stay in the heart of the beautiful North Yorkshire Dales.
Whether you are a walker, a cyclist, a train enthusiast or just want to tour around the area taking in the sights, there is plenty to do and enjoy.
Horton has its own railway station a five-minute walk away from The Rowe House, the first stop on the Settle – Carlisle railway line, with connections via Leeds direct to Kings Cross. So you can abandon the car and come and visit us by train.
We have two pubs and a café in the village offering home cooked dishes, we can recommend other local places to eat, from fine dining to relaxed pub grub. Tea shops are in abundance, all with fantastic Yorkshire hospitality. Occasionally we offer dinners in The Rowe House please enquire directly with us for this option.
Before moving to The Rowe House in April 2017, Robert and Jane ran, Chalfont Classic Cuisine Ltd for 19 years as a special events catering company with many repeat customers in South Bucks, London and the Home Counties. We hope that by staying at The Rowe House you too will enjoy our great food and hospitality in our new venture and home in The Yorkshire Dales National Park.
We oﬀer you a warm welcome and a high standard of accommodation together with excellent home cooked breakfasts, cakes and special occasion dinners. We are able to cater for most dietary requirements, given notice.
- Situated right in the heart of the spectacular scenery of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, 8 minutes drive from the lovely market town of Settle, 15 minutes from Ingleton, 40 mins drive from Hawes, Kendal, Skipton and Lancaster
- Walkers: Ideally located close to the start and finish point for the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge
- Clothes drying facility – yes it does rain in Yorkshire
- Freshly prepared packed lunches / picnic boxes
- Dinners available by special request
- Garden to relax in and enjoy the views
- Located 5 minutes walk from the Horton-in-Ribblesdale railway station
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free Parking
- Secure cycle storage
- We are a non-smoking B&B
- Sorry we cannot at the moment accept children under 10 years of age or pets